Date: 11/20/20 10:03 am
From: Don Nixon <drnemail...>
Subject: Clearfield County Rufous Hummingbird continues - Visitors welcome
The adult male rufous hummingbird continues to visit our feeders and things
have worked out very well with people using the bench we have set for
viewing him. He usually feeds for the first time around 7:00 am and visits
as often as every 5 - 10 minutes until the temperature warms up to about 45
degrees. After it warms, he gradually slows down to about once per hour
and continues until 3:30 or 4:00. If anyone is looking for an outdoor
socially distance diversion this weekend or over the Thanksgiving holiday
period feel free to email me at <pamerlins...> for the "protocol". I
have also attached pictures of the info to an eBird checklist for the
stakeout hotspot on 11/16.

Happy birding (and bird eating next Thursday)

Don Nixon
DuBois, Clearfield County

Join us on Facebook!