Date: 11/20/20 7:50 am
From: Daniel Mason <millipede1977...>
Subject: hybrids
I am not sure why I was just thinking about this, other than my 6 year old
was flipping through a field guide asking "did you see this one, or this
one, or how about that one?" :_
I'm kind of mad at the moment...
Mad at myself for not getting all my thousands and thousands of photos
saved somewhere else, and ALL my ebird checklists submitted... and mad at a
person that took my computer. I don't know where it is today and some of
the info on there was priceless. :(

One winter I found a hybrid duck at city lake in Siloam Springs. When
naming hybrids, which birds do you put before and after the X? Is there a
rule for that? I was never sure. I tried searching google and other sources
today but found NO pictures of the hybrid I saw that day. If anyone knows
where I can find a photo to show my kids, let me know. My picture wouldn't
have been great but, it was still something to look at. What bird am I
talking about?
SMALL duck... cinnamon teal... in size, and color... perfect male cinnamon
teal body color. SOLID green mallard's head. One of the most fascinating
birds I've ever seen... and I don't know where my pictures are of it nor
can I find pictures online of such a hybrid. I'm guessing this would be an
uncommon hybrid then. Which makes me that much more upset I don't have my
photos of it. :(

--
Daniel Mason

or click the following link: