Date: 11/19/20 9:53 pm
From: Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Is this a jaeger, or parasitic persuasion?
Hello Marty

Are you familiar with how pteradromas fly? How did this bird fly? It does not look like a jaeger to me. You might consider going youtube and looking at videos of the candidate species. The photo, assuming there is only one, is probably not identifiable with certainty.

Jeff Gilligan

> On Nov 19, 2020, at 5:22 PM, Harry Fuller <atowhee...> wrote:
>
> have copied Marty as I was not there
>
> On Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 4:12 PM Jeff Gilligan <jeffgilligan10...> <mailto:<jeffgilligan10...>> wrote:
> My quick first impression is that is a Great-winged or Gray-faced Petrel. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-winged_petrel <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great-winged_petrel>
>
> As I recall, it was a Gray-faced that had been photographed from shore once before in California.
>
> How did it fly? Size? Any paleness around the bill?
>
> Jeff Gilligan

Join us on Facebook!