Date: 11/19/20 2:22 pm
From: Chris Elphick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] atlas updates and roosts
We've had a couple of questions about the timing of updates on the atlas web site's interactive map.  As in the summer, our goal is to update the numbers and species lists approximately weekly, with a goal of trying to do it on a Thurs/Fri so that the numbers are fresh prior to each weekend. A caveat is that, unlike the summer, Morgan and I are now both back to teaching etc., and spend much of our work days in meetings, so we're often dealing with atlas data in the evenings and on weekends - so there may be some weeks when we simply can't make it happen (or where our zoom-weary eyes just give up on us and we decide we can't stand to stare at a screen any longer!).

We did do an update on Monday (if you don't see it, then be sure to refresh your browser - that solves >95% of the problems we hear about). And I'm hoping to do another in the next 48 hours as we just solved a technical problem that was preventing us from bringing one of the batches of missing 2019 data into the posted stats - for the small number of people who don't see your data reflected in the species lists, the other problem we've been dealing with is also almost fixed.
Also, since there has been some discussion of vulture roosts this week, I'll remind everyone that we have a special atlas protocol specifically designed to help us map roost sites for species like vultures, robins, blackbirds, crows, gulls, etc. etc.  The direct link to the protocol is here: http://www.ctbirdatlas.org/Surveys_winter_roosts.htm.
As always, thanks for your data (and your patience),Chris

Chris Elphick @ssts
Storrs, CT
<elphick...>