Date: 11/19/20 10:02 am
From: Jerry Davis <jwdavis...>
Subject: Re: Fwd: [leasbirds] Saw Whet Owl (in Manhattan)
Thank you. This topic is bird related.

I had shared this story with many independently off of the listserve including Kenny. The tree for Rockefeller’s Center with the owl is a tradition that I think need some new consideration and focus. The tree had provided habitat for wildlife for probably 100 years and would have continued to do so for another 100 years. In less than two months it will be chipped up to occupy a landfill, the memories will fade and millions of people will never consider the tradeoffs or impacts beyond the Center.

Jerry Wayne Davis
Hot Springs, AR

From: WILLIAM WENTHE <wwenthe...>
Date: Thu, Nov 19, 2020 at 11:20 AM
Subject: [leasbirds] Saw Whet Owl (in Manhattan)
To: <leasbirds...> <leasbirds...>

Hi,

I'm trusting enough people will find this interesting enough to justify posting it.

Bill Wenthe

A tiny owl was saved after getting stuck in the Rockefeller Center tree: ‘It’s the Christmas miracle of 2020’

A tiny owl was saved after getting stuck in the Rockefeller Center tree:...
A worker setting up the Rockefeller Center Christmas tree made an unusual discovery this week: a tiny owl hiding...

or click the following link: