Date: 11/19/20 9:43 am
From: Pamela Coleman <0000003fbb1e7534-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Can’t ID
Kim if you go on the cornell website - just google pine grosbeak all about birds - you will get a number of views of them, probably a better guide than the field guide.  The website will also post similar looking birds.  Its a great tool. Your location is important too as they are being seen quite regularly in the northern part of the state.  It it turns out they are Pine 'beaks, lucky you!!
Pam
On Thursday, November 19, 2020, 11:07:20 AM EST, Kim Sargeant <grammiekims...> wrote:

For at least two days I have been seeing a small flock of birds feasting on
the fruit of an ornamental apple. Tiny fruits.

The birds are grosbeak size with the same type of tail. They seem to be
mostly gray, darker on top, with some whitish wing bars. Though not bright
white. The sky has been gray, gray birds, no binos while walking my pup.  I
haven’t found them in my Nat Geo Birds of North America book.

Kim

Join us on Facebook!