Date: 11/19/20 8:23 am
From: Christopher T. Tessaglia-Hymes <cth4...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Can’t ID
Could these be female-type Pine Grosbeaks?

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Pine_Grosbeak/id

The poor lighting may make them appear dull and gray. They usually sit rather motionless as they feed. Large, plump birds, munching and mashing ornamental or other crabapple-type fruits.

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Chris T-H

On Nov 19, 2020, at 11:06 AM, Kim Sargeant <grammiekims...><mailto:<grammiekims...>> wrote:

For at least two days I have been seeing a small flock of birds feasting on
the fruit of an ornamental apple. Tiny fruits.

The birds are grosbeak size with the same type of tail. They seem to be
mostly gray, darker on top, with some whitish wing bars. Though not bright
white. The sky has been gray, gray birds, no binos while walking my pup. I
haven’t found them in my Nat Geo Birds of North America book.

Kim

--
Chris Tessaglia-Hymes
PO Box 488