Date: 11/19/20 7:17 am
From: Laura & Mike Jackson <jacksonlaura73...>
Subject: Re: Siskins vs goldfinches in Bedford County
Yes, we are seeing the same phenomenon in Bedford County. Now we see just 3 - 5 pine siskins mixed in a much bigger flock of goldfinches that number 25 - 30. Earlier in the fall we had up to 100 pine siskins and almost no goldfinches.

Shifts like this make backyard birding such an adventure!

Laura Jackson
Bedford County

> On Nov 19, 2020, at 9:41 AM, Franklin Haas <fhaasbirds...> wrote:
>
> When my large flock (50+) of Pine Siskins moved in a few weeks ago, they
> displaced my goldfinch flock (a couple dozen).
>
> I would only see a couple of goldfinches each day.
>
> Now that the siskin flock has dwindled, the goldfinches are back in numbers.
>
> Has anyone else seen this pattern?
>
> Frank
>

> --
> Frank Haas
>
> Wisdom begins with putting the right name to a thing.

Join us on Facebook!