Date: 11/19/20 6:58 am
From: Paul Heveran <birdmeister.paul...>
Subject: Re: Siskins vs goldfinches
Frank and PA Birders,

Flight numbers of goldfinches have skyrocketed in Cape May and other locations, while siskins are much less prevalent. I had 50+ goldfinches fly over my yard a couple mornings ago, with only 1 siskin mixed in.

Based on eBird reports from the Great Lakes, redpolls are coming south in really large numbers. I saw a checklist from yesterday that had almost 1500 Common and 5+ Hoary Redpolls!

Good birding,
Paul Heveran

⁣Get BlueMail for Android ​

On Nov 19, 2020, 9:42 AM, at 9:42 AM, Franklin Haas <fhaasbirds...> wrote:
>When my large flock (50+) of Pine Siskins moved in a few weeks ago,
>they
>displaced my goldfinch flock (a couple dozen).
>
>I would only see a couple of goldfinches each day.
>
>Now that the siskin flock has dwindled, the goldfinches are back in
>numbers.
>
>Has anyone else seen this pattern?
>
>Frank
>

>--
>Frank Haas
>
>Wisdom begins with putting the right name to a thing.

Join us on Facebook!