Date: 11/18/20 5:49 pm
From: ashippee via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Vultures in Cheshire
Three or four years ago, my wife Mary was walking down Clifford St. near Putnam Ave. in Hamden, early one morning and she came across two or three dozen Black Vultures covering the roof of a house & its porch.  She first noticed one standing on the sidewalk, looked at another, then another, then the whole bunch.  Quite a sight.
On Wednesday, November 18, 2020, 7:52:26 PM EST, John Triana via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

Last week while checking a property between Rt. 10 and Forest La. I saw
about 3 dozen vultures roosting in trees in the wetland.  Interesting sight
on a "Friday the 13th".

Because it was raining, but a bright overcast, they were backlit and I
couldn't tell what species they were.  My guess was that they were black's,
but that would be unusual for so many of that species to be in that area.

Thanks,
JT