Date: 11/18/20 5:43 pm
From: Dave Nutter <nutter.dave...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] American Tree Sparrows; Peregrine Falcon
Today’s snowy weather brought at least 3 and maybe as many as 5 American Tree Sparrows to feed in the weeds surrounding my garden, a first for the season in the yard.

And during my Loon Watch I saw a Peregrine Falcon passing just to my north flying east at 0806, maybe going toward Cornell. Later I scoped the west face of Bradfield Hall but did not see any bird sitting on the usual perch there. However, at 1450 I did notice a Peregrine Falcon perched on the SW edge of the top of the old gray smokestack for the abandoned Morse Chain / Emerson Power Transmission Factory low on South Hill in Ithaca. It was still there at dusk. That’s the second time this autumn that I have seen a Peregrine atop that smokestack, so maybe it’s a regular perch to keep an eye on. It’s closer to my home than Bradfield, so I find these scoped “yard bird” Peregrine views more satisfying.

- - Dave Nutter

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/