Date: 11/18/20 3:03 pm
From: Jerry Butler <jerrysharon.butler...>
Subject: Fork-tailed fly catcher
The fork-tailed flycatcher was still perching on power lines along Highway
4 north east of McGhee in Desha County..and seen around noon today by five
birders from across the state.. It was moving back and forth over Opossum
Fork Creek.

It would disappear into some lower bushes, weeds, and tall grass and seemed
to be feeding on grasshoppers and small green gnat- sized moths only to
reappear later on one of the lower electrical lines. We never saw it using
the tall High Voltage transmission lines that are also in the area, it
seemed to prefer the local distribution wires only forty feet in the air.

I'm hoping it remains there for many to see. I took pictures but not good
ones. I'm preparing an article about this bird for publication and would
like for those who have better images than mine to send me their best pic.
I can credit, but not pay, the photographers whose pictures the editors
select.

Peace and Birds Jerry Butler

or click the following link: