Date: 11/18/20 7:22 am
From: Dana Siefer <danasiefer...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Scoters
Since I can't submit on ebird with the web site down, if anyone wants to
see those possible black scoters they were seen the past 2 days from Scout
Park just west of Buena Vista University campus. If you set up a scope by
the lighthouse that gives a good view. Morning viewing is good but
afternoon sun makes things tough. I usually try to look each night at
sunset. There is also Cicle Park direclty south of the football field that
can offer closer views at times. Heres a drawing of good viewing locations
(two x's) and area circled where birds were. Incidentally this is same
location that surf scoters and white-wing scoters were seen recently.
Dana