Date: 11/17/20 8:52 pm
From: Shawneen Finnegan <shawneenfinnegan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Tundra or Trumpeter? And a question
We spent Saturday combing through waterfowl at McFadden Marsh. With a minimum of 600 Tundras and 6-7 Trumpeters we had plenty to look through. One thing I looked at is the shape of the forehead feathering between the eyes (rounded vs pointed). Having illustrated an article long ago on these two species I was a bit surprised to see so many Tundras with was less then helpful. We saw multiple Tundras with rounded and ā€œvā€ shaped foreheads.

Like others this looks like a Tundra to me for reasons already stated.

Shawneen Finnegan
Beaverton, OR

*******
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>