Date: 11/17/20 5:59 pm
From: Harry Fuller <atowhee...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Siskins? You want Siskins? I'll give ya Siskins!
More Salem Siskin shenanigans, their numbers here increase, well over 100
now: https://atowhee.blog/2020/11/17/siskins-and-a-double-rainbow/

On Tue, Nov 17, 2020 at 8:11 AM Anne Duston <aeduston...> wrote:

> For the past 2 days a small horde of Siskins has been visiting my
> backyard feeders - very fond of nyger see and no-waste mix. It's amazing
> that they can go through as much seed as they do, because they spend so
> much time bickering over perches. House finches and chickadees just stay
> out of the way of the horde returning later to resume their noshing.
>
> Anne D.
>
> in East Portland, north of Powell Butte
>
> > Msg: #3 in digest
> > From: Hendrik Herlyn<hhactitis...>
> > Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2020 23:14:49 -0800
> > Subject: [obol] Re: Siskins? You want Siskins? I'll give ya Siskins!
> >
> > Come to Corvallis, Bob! A swarm of 70+ siskins has invaded our
> neighborhood
> > here. I'll gladly share a few of them with you.
> > Cheers
> >
> > Hendrik
>
> *******

Harry Fuller
author of: *San Francisco's Natural History: Sand Dunes to Streetcars:*
https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2017/04/20/sfnh/
author of *Great Gray Owls of CA-OR-WA*:
https://ecowise.wordpress.com/2015/05/08/the-great-gray-owl-book/
author of *Freeway Birding*: *freewaybirding.com
<http://freewaybirding.com>*
birding website: http://www.towhee.net
my birding blog: atowhee.wordpress.com

Join us on Facebook!