Date: 11/17/20 5:27 pm
From: Sharon <sharontinianow...>
Subject: [cobirds] Drew Lanham to speak at DFO program Nov 23

DFO's next monthly program will happen via Zoom on Monday, November 23,
2020 at 7 PM. The title is Coloring the Conservation Conversation with Dr.
J. Drew Lanham, professor of wildlife ecology at Clemson University and
author of *The Home Place: Memoirs of a Colored Man’s Love Affair with
Nature*. He will discuss what it means to embrace the full breadth of his
African American heritage and his deep kinship to nature and adoration of
birds. The convergence of ornithologist, college professor, poet, author
and conservation activist blend to bring our awareness of the natural world
and our moral responsibility for it forward in new ways. Candid by nature —
and because of it — Lanham will examine how conservation must be a rigorous
science and evocative art, inviting diversity and race to play active roles
in celebrating our natural world. Register here:
https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_l_lluf3uS9qdbxQ64XAJww