Date: 11/17/20 12:48 pm
From: Fred and Chris Pratt <pipit...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Really late Empid
I don't think you are confused. Your summary is actually very good. If I
were a betting man and had to make a choice, I would go with Hammond's.
I've been to Arizona many times and used to think I could tell Hammond's
from Dusky - both on the basis of the wing-flicking, tail-wagging bit
and because of its similarity to Least (especially large-headed,
stubby-billed features).

However, I vaguely recall a very late empi in Rhode Island which had
people thinking Hammond's but was later postulated as Least....

Fred

Join us on Facebook!