Date: 11/17/20 12:40 pm
From: Robert O'Brien <baro...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Ankeny Sparrow
I've always thought a good mark for Lincoln's sparrow is the faint purplish
cast
to the eyestripe. Never very strong, but usually present. Field Guides
show this also and
seem to describe it as gray rather than purplish. That's probably due to
the color perception of the observer.
The other striped sparrows of similar habitat don't really show this.
This bird shows it 'well' but although faint as usual.
Bob OBrien Carver OR