Date: 11/17/20 6:42 am
From: Cinnamon Bergeron <cinnamonbergeron...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Varied Thrush in El Paso county
I went out to Homestead Ranch Park, yesterday, to find the Varied Thrush.

Thankfully, another birder, John Drummond was there, so he showed me
exactly where it was. The thrush was hopping around on the ground by a
parked horse trailer, right in the parking lot. It wasn't shy and I got
some great photos.

After I left, as I was driving down Elbert road, I saw an abandoned old
farm house. I have seen many owls in old abandoned houses, so I stopped to
see if maybe there would be an owl in it. Yes, there was! As I walked
around the back of the house, the owl jumped into the window and I was able
to snap a quick picture before it flew off. Yay! I have been hoping to find
an owl in the window of an old barn for years.

There was a Prairie Falcon by the barn. It must have been upset by me being
there and started flying around making all kinds of noise. There was also
a huge flock of Horned Larks, about 40 or so.

After I left that awesome spot, I stopped by the Ramah Wildlife Area and
found a Northern Shrike and a Northern Harrier. Besides that, there wasn't
much else.

Overall, it was a fabulous birding day!

Cinnamon Bergeron