Date: 11/16/20 4:30 pm
From: Don Poggensee <donpoggensee...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Saw-whet Owls Up date
Hi,
I have many people asking and wanting to come to see or photograph the Saw-whet Owl here in Moorehead Park. We have had, five or six on the early migration, that were here for only the day they were found and when it got dark each of them continued their migration.
Being warm here, as well as up north, may have kept some up north from moving south. In the last 10 days we have only had one and it was gone that night so--- now nothing to report.
If we do find one early morning, I will call the people that may want to come for that day, otherwise we are waiting for the wintering one that will stay until Mid March.

Don

Don Poggensee
174 Lakeview Drive
Ida Grove, Iowa 51445-8088