Date: 11/16/20 3:18 pm
From: <trueiow......> <trueiowanative...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Re: Saw Whet Iowa City
I was unsuccessful in locating the owl in Hickory Hill. I wonder if I was
in the correct place as I never found either of these markers. Perhaps I
was in the wrong location. Could someone provide a bit more information
about the location of the deer path? I entered the park on the 1st Avenue
side and followed the primitive trail to the East New Growth Area where I
thought the Cedar Grove is located. I saw several Cedar trees after
following a very narrow path over the primitive trail, but never saw the
burned log. Should I have entered on the Conklin side instead? Thank you
for any additional information anyone can offer. I'd like to try again
tomorrow.
Eliza Willis
Iowa City