Date: 11/16/20 1:38 pm
From: Stephen Holzman <steveholzman2...>
Subject: [obol] Yaquina Bay CBC - Sunday December 27th
Because we can conduct this count with local birders or non-local birders
that can do the count via a day trip, Lars and I feel we can do this
safely. We are going to divide the circle into smaller sections that can be
effectively birded by either one person or a birding couple. There will be
no sharing of rides required, no birding in a group and no in-person
countdown. We'll do the countdown via Zoom on the following evening so that
people aren't pressured to get home and get their numbers together quickly.
Yes, it'll be a different experience but I think we can do it safely and
successfully.

Also, if any compiler is doing a count this year and wants your circle
divided digitally and uploaded to an ArcGIS WebApp, I could probably help
you with that, given enough time of course.

Here's our draft map for the Yaquina Bay CBC:
https://fws.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=cc924e1a26c04aeda1102e33c47d9556

Thanks,
Steve Holzman
South Beach, OR