Date: 11/16/20 10:42 am
From: Barbara Powers <barkiepvt...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Mute Swans at Vermont National
I’ve also had the decoy Tom foolery at the Manchester Country Club. I was scanning one of the ponds and got very excited to see a swan but upon closer inspection it too was a decoy. I was quite disappointed. How clever of the golf courses to use the swans as deterrents. I wouldn’t have guess geese were wary of being near swans.
Barbara Powers
Manchester Center

Sent from my iPad

> On Nov 16, 2020, at 11:48 AM, Bruce MacPherson <00000017afe5cb7a-dmarc-request...> wrote:
>
> There have been a couple of reports of Mute Swans at the Vermont National Country Club recently, so yesterday I decided to drop by the club to take a look. And, sure enough, there they were floating on the north side of the pond west of the clubhouse. Oddly immobile, though, and floating awkwardly. Decoys, I concluded, probably deployed by the club to discourage (live) Canada Geese from settling on the pond.
> Fool me once.....
> Bruce MacPhersonSouth Burlington

Join us on Facebook!