Date: 11/16/20 4:54 am
From: Britt Vickstrom <brittvickstrom...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Saw whet in Iowa City
Thank you so much to James McCoy for alerting about the Saw Whet. I have
waited 5 years to see one. His directions were very helpful. I can't stop
smiling. It was a blustery day, but owl opened its eyes for a few times
when the wind really picked up. It was glorious

I also bumped into another birder as I was leaving and was able to show him
where it was.

I'm a newish birder. I am so thankful to geek out with others people about
birds. I'm grateful for this listserv and the community

This is how I first learned of Saw-whets, the Rick Mercer Report. (I lived
near the Canadian border about 10 years in NY, and am kicking myself for
not being a birder then) It was a like a combo of The Daily Show with
Charles Kurault's On the Road https://youtu.be/U2lNd9Z9ZmI