Date: 11/15/20 4:03 pm
From: Joy Harvey <joy...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Merlins at Glendale
On this clear, cool & windy evening I saw 2 Merlins simultaneously at 4:40
p.m. atop spruce trees at the northern ends of Block 20 and 21 in Glendale
Cemetery in DSM. At 4:50 there was one in a spruce in Block 33-b on the far
west side of the cemetery, but the tree in Block 20 was vacated. At 5:00 I
saw one in an oak tree in the middle of Block 37-i at the northern end (in
sight of the Northwest Community Center). It was subsequently strafed by
another Merlin, and both flew off together. I went back to the south, and
one was still sitting in Block 20, so I'm thinking there may have been 3
altogether, a first for this fall.

Roy Adolphson

Polk County (DSM)