Date: 11/15/20 1:45 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [obol] Re: swifts
Alan,

Chimney Swifts do linger within their range longer than Vaux’s. Here are maps showing sightings in Ebird for November (all years). First is Chimney:

Here is Vaux’s. The three records from north of us are all single birds on one date only

With 5 birds it diminishes the chances of it being Chimneys. All sightings north of the SF Bay area in the West have been of single birds other than 4 found by an observer in his backyard near Kalispell, MT. The handful of North American records for Common Swift have all been single birds, so that would by highly unlikely.

Tom