Date: 11/15/20 11:54 am
From: Jim Moore <epiphenomenon9...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Black-capped Chickadee?
Actually, the article indicates that "song" is unreliable, not all
vocalizations.  I don't believe there are known instances of Black-caps
calling like Carolinas, or vice versa. The article indicates hybrids
give an intermediate call (I'm talking about the call that sounds like
the name "chickadee").  Also, some bird vocalizations are believed to be
hard-wired, e.g. those of empidonax flycatchers.

Jim Moore
Rockville