Date: 11/14/20 11:27 pm
From: Thomas Meinzen <thomasmeinzen...>
Subject: [obol] Coast birds today, Newport - Tillamook
Torrey Gage-Tomlinson, Nolan Clements, Chris Hinkle, and I birded the coast
Newport-Tillamook this drizzly day. Highlights for me:

~40 Marbled Godwit, 1 Whimbrel, 1 Black Scoter, and 2 Eurasian Wigeons
along the Hatfield Marine Science Center trail in Newport.

4 SNOW BUNTING and 1 LAPLAND LONGSPUR at N. Jetty Yaquina Bay in among the
dune grass. Awesome views!

Several Northern Fulmar, 3 Black Scoter, a few Cassin's Auklet (Chris saw
before we arrived), 1 Marbled Murrelet at Boiler Bay seawatch.

3 SANDHILL CRANES and 2 White-tailed Kites in field along Hwy 101 in
Tillamook Co. (45.411, -123.824) - 3rd county record on eBird for the
cranes, I'm told.

10 Snow Geese, ~50 Brown-headed Cowbirds in blackbird flock on Long Prairie
Rd., Tillamook (45.426, -123.807).

Lots of gulls everywhere but we didn't pick up any unusual ones among them.
Tried Bay City sewage ponds for Tropical K with no luck. Nonetheless, a
good day out with good company!

Cheers,
Thomas Meinzen
Portland