Date: 11/14/20 7:36 pm
From: 'James Tyler Bell' via Maryland & DC Birding <mdbirding...>
Subject: Re: [MDBirding] Black-capped Chickadee?
Note also the relatively longer tail compared to Carolina Chickadee. The Black-caps that breed in the western three MD counties are smaller than the irruptive variety so they really stand out. Please send some to St. Mary's where we're still waiting for a first county record!

Tyler Bell
<jtylerbell...>
California, Maryland

On Saturday, November 14, 2020, 7:18:25 PM EST, Kurt Schwarz <kurtschwarz4...> wrote:

Hockey stick in wing, dirty bib border, clean white cheeks.
On Sat, Nov 14, 2020 at 7:15 PM JAMES SPEICHER <jugornought...> wrote:

https://ebird.org/checklist/S76260928

Been around for a couple of days. Extensive rustiness of sides was what first caught my attention.
Carolina Chickadees have become quite scarce in the yard in recent years, so it is nice to see the Chickadee cuz show up, if that's what it is.
Starling put in an appearance at the same time...
Jim SpeicherBroad Run/Burkittsville areaS FREDCOMember WASHCO MOS ChapterC&O (mid-winter) Count Coordinator

--
Kurt Schwarz
Ellicott City, Howard County