Date: 11/14/20 8:55 am
From: Stuart Sparkman <jacamar29...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Saylorville Snow Buntings
.Hey I-Birders,

Sometimes the fourth time is the charm. The SNOW BUNTINGS reported
several times in the last week at "the point" at Oak Grove beach
(Saylorville Res, Polk Co.) were seen well this morning by Karen, Harney,
and me. We counted eight individuals, giving us good, close views on the
ground before taking flight. The success of the mission was likely
arriving early in the morning.

Other noteworthy recent sightings include a late BROWN THRASHER at Red
Feather Prairie on Thursday. Yesterday at the north end hedgerow at Red
Feather we had two HARRIS'S SPARROWS, and the yard opposite the upper
parking lot contained an unexpected female SPOTTED TOWHEE which we first
located by voice and then had lovely looks at. Scoping from the dam
yielded several COMMON LOONS and some distant duck flocks of various
species which included our FOS COMMON GOLDENEYES.

Good Birding,
Stuart Sparkman
NW Des Moines