Date: 11/13/20 2:22 pm
From: Ryan Tomazin <wvwarblers...>
Subject: Allegheny Co. - Tundra Swans
All,

A couple-few weeks ago, I'd posted that I was in our public parking lot in Bridgeville talking to a customer when I thought I had two Black Vultures.

Fast forward to ten minutes ago, and I was doing the same thing with the same customer, and very high overhead, 45 silent Tundra Swans were flying over. Just a sixth sense thing. Ran back home for my binocs and got back outside in time to relocate them and verify numbers.

Lots of robins headed towards Scott/Carnegie. I am assuming that they still roost there. Conservative estimate would be 600-800 birds in under ten minutes.

I also had a Merlin just across the county border in Washington County today, at Queen of Heaven Cemetery in McMurray. This was a very reliable (like, 100%) location in 2018-19 winter.

Cheers,

Ryan Tomazin - Bridgeville, PA

Join us on Facebook!