Date: 11/13/20 12:52 pm
From: Roy Gerig <roygerig2.0...>
Subject: [obol] Beautiful dark phase HARLAN'S HAWK along Duck Flat Rd Marion Co 11/13/20
Out looking for Red Phalaropes in the Salem area after a night of strong
west winds and rain, I found none. Other birds of note:

A picture perfect dark phase HARLAN'S HAWK along Duckflat Rd SE of Salem,
likely the same bird I saw there several times during the fall/winter
season two years ago. I saw it flying and perched. Grayish almost white
tail with a dark terminal band, on an otherwise unbanded tail. When
perched, wings do not reach much of the tail

A WESTERN GREBE is on Walter Wirth Lake, and a BARN SWALLOW was over Lowe's
Pond, or Mission Lake

Regarding that Empid in Bend, I could see only Western-type Flycatcher in
the photos, without a doubt

Roy Gerig, Salem OR

Join us on Facebook!