Date: 11/13/20 12:14 pm
From: Andrew Block via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Bad News (Salineno, Texas)
Yes, a sad day among many along the border.  Don't know if I've been to that site, but have heard of it.  And still need the Audubon's:-)
Andrew
Andrew v. F. Block
Consulting Naturalist
20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4780 www.flickr.com/photos/conuropsis/albums

On Friday, November 13, 2020, 01:33:21 PM EST, John Weeks via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

A sad loss.  My wife and I visited Salineno in 2008, and Chris saw her first (and so far only) Audubon’s Oriole there.

John Weeks
North Granby

RE:
The Salineno birding spot along the Rio Grande in Texas has been sold to the Army Corps Of Engineers in conjunction with the building of the border wall. For those of us that were fortunate enough to visit this great birding spot be thankful you had the opportunity to visit it. What a shame.

Paul Desjardins
Windsor Locks