Date: 11/13/20 12:14 pm
From: Tom McNamara <tmcmac67...>
Subject: [obol] Re: An interesting Empid at Hatfield Lake on November 10
Can WEFL ever show at least 1/3 of distal lower mandible being dark as
Bill's bird does?

As to the eyering, see attached photo of a positively IDed, whitting DUFL
(reported by Chris Hinkle among others, this past spring in Tabor),
compare to the bird under discussion.
Am interested to see how these features can be reconciled to fit WEFL and
eliminate DUFL.
good birding, Tom

Join us on Facebook!