Date: 11/13/20 8:38 am
From: W RUPP via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Killingworth Red-headed Woodpecker
Killingworth 11/13 9:00 AM  Red-header Woodpecker
A great new yard bird for us:  Following is the account from our eBird entry: I looked out the window to see what birds might be around and immediately recognized a Red-headed Woodpecker on the side of a large oak tree about 35 feet away.  It was at eye-level in full view with its back toward us.  It had a solid red head, black upper back and white lower back.  I alerted Maryanne who watched it with a binocular while I went to the next room to get my camera.  As I raised the camera the bird dropped down behind a stone wall.  Moments later it flew off east to another tree and then another one and flew further without being relocated.  I estimate the time the bird was well seen in the original location as a minimum of 30 seconds and a maximum of about a minute.
Dean and Maryanne RuppKillingworthhttps://ebird.org/checklist/S76193666