Date: 11/13/20 6:41 am
From: Teresa Hertzel <teresa.hertzel...>
Subject: [obol] Fwd: [eBird Alert] Oregon Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

White-winged Scoter (3 Multnomah)
Long-tailed Duck (1 Washington)
Red-breasted Merganser (1 Hood River, 1 Multnomah)
Red-necked Grebe (1 Wasco)
Clark's Grebe (1 Hood River)
Band-tailed Pigeon (1 Hood River)
Long-billed Curlew (1 Lincoln)
Lesser Black-backed Gull (1 Wasco)
American White Pelican (1 Deschutes, 1 Multnomah, 1 Wasco)
Great Egret (4 Harney)
Osprey (haliaetus) (1 Douglas)
Northern Goshawk (1 Washington)
Red-shouldered Hawk (1 Sherman)
Red-tailed Hawk (Harlan's) (1 Columbia)
Ferruginous Hawk (2 Benton, 2 Linn)
Steller's Jay (Coastal) (1 Union)
Clark's Nutcracker (1 Jackson)
American Crow (1 Klamath)
House Wren (1 Lane)
Western Bluebird (1 Grant)
Evening Grosbeak (type 1) (1 Benton)
Red Crossbill (Ponderosa Pine or type 2) (2 Polk)
Red Crossbill (Western Hemlock or type 3) (1 Polk)
Red Crossbill (Douglas-fir or type 4) (1 Lane)
Snow Bunting (10 Benton, 4 Jackson, 1 Lincoln)
Fox Sparrow (Slate-colored) (1 Union)
Dark-eyed Junco (cismontanus) (1 Lane)
Golden-crowned Sparrow (1 Union)
White-throated Sparrow (1 Union)
Common Yellowthroat (1 Hood River, 1 Multnomah)

White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 09:11 by Andy Frank
- Broughton Beach, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.6152539&<ll...>,-122.6152539
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Photo"

White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 08:00 by Ken Vanderkamp
- Broughton Beach, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.6152539&<ll...>,-122.6152539
- Comments: "A female/immature scoter with white wing patches."

White-winged Scoter (Melanitta deglandi) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 07:23 by Andrew S. Aldrich
- Broughton Beach, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.6152539&<ll...>,-122.6152539
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Female. White secondaries seen while diving. Photos."

Long-tailed Duck (Clangula hyemalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 14:32 by David Harrison
- Henry Hagg Lake Park--Elks Recreation Area, Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2057476&<ll...>,-123.2057476
- Comments: "Continuing female, between dam and Eagle Point boat house,
closer to north shore"

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 10, 2020 14:33 by Patty Newland
- 2329–2659 NE Marine Dr, Portland US-OR 45.60062, -122.63780, Multnomah,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.637801&<ll...>,-122.637801
- Comments: "Extremely long, narrow bill. Irregular feathers on back of
head. Floating by itself 10 feet from shore."

Red-breasted Merganser (Mergus serrator) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 12:15 by Jay Withgott
- Cascade Locks (Oregon side), Hood River, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.8914008&<ll...>,-121.8914008
- Comments: "Slim low-to-water merganser with gray body, dull rufous head
with crazy crest, long thin bill, no noticeable white on face at this
distance, and no sharp demarcation of breast colors. Too far for photos,
and no Commons in sight, but everything looked good. Too dull/headed,
crested, and slim-billed for female Common."

Red-necked Grebe (Podiceps grisegena) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 09:15 by Craig Bennett
- Mayer SP, Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.286896&<ll...>,-121.286896
- Comments: "Large grebe with yellowish, heavy bill, long neck, flatish
head. Good scope views as it fed alone offshore."

Clark's Grebe (Aechmophorus clarkii) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 16:03 by Russ Namitz
- Hood River--The Hook, Hood River, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.525898&<ll...>,-121.525898
- Comments: "Orange bill. White above the eye."

Band-tailed Pigeon (Patagioenas fasciata) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 12:19 by Stuart Johnston
- 1335 Columbia St, Hood River US-OR (45.7098,-121.5264), Hood River, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.526414&<ll...>,-121.526414
- Comments: "first noticed at 1231, perching in the canopy of a big
hawthorn (loaded with red berries about the same size as the orange
rowanberries adjacent) along the e. side of the driveway here at #1335. It
was a good-sized grey bird with it's plumage all fluffed-out, similar in
size to a California Quail. When I glassed it, I immediately saw that it
was a Band-tailed Pigeon: the bill was gold with the distal one quarter (or
less) black. Medium grey plumage overall with darker grey wings, the wings
slightly tinged with brown. Primaries darker than the wing coverts,
primaries a dark sooty-slaty colour. Eye or eyering wine red with large
blackish pupil. Legs, feet amber-yellow. Bird looks like it has only one
remaining outer rectrice, on it's left side; noticed while it was preening.
Had a quick glimpse of very short regenerating, entirely ensheathed
rectrices. It has a very narrow and not very wide white crescent on
mid-nape, with a narrow blackish band immediately below. The scant amount
of white on the nape made me wonder if this was a hatch-year bird? At 1256,
it gobbled down 6 hawthorn berries in a row. Looked out the window a few
times after I'd gone indoors: it was still there at 1335, but gone at 1413."

Long-billed Curlew (Numenius americanus) (2)
- Reported Nov 09, 2020 14:20 by Sally Hill
- Yaquina Bay--Idaho Flats, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0411806&<ll...>,-124.0411806
- Comments: "Continuing. Loosely associated with Whimbrel. Lacking dark cap
of whimbrel and post ocular line. Buffy breast."

Lesser Black-backed Gull (Larus fuscus) (2)
- Reported Nov 06, 2020 14:00 by Bill Shelmerdine
- Lone Pine Island viewpoint (restricted access), Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.139799&<ll...>,-121.139799
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing adult and second year birds. Adult roosting in
large gull flock (890) on Lone Pine Island and associated rocks. Second
year bird flying out over main river channel and wandering over to what
appeared to be the Washington side.
Similar in size to CaGu with distinctly darker/ colder mantle, black
primaries with no visible white. Adult showed yellowish legs, finely
streaked head with dark around eye, white eye; yellow bill with large
bright red spot at gony's, no black. Photos."

American White Pelican (Pelecanus erythrorhynchos) (4) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 14:15 by Bill Shelmerdine
- Deschutes River Mouth - Columbia River, Wasco, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.915368&<ll...>,-120.915368
- Comments: "Roosting on sandbar downstream of Deschutes River mouth. Seen
from I84.
Huge white birds with large yellow bills and black primaries."

American White Pelican (Pelecanus erythrorhynchos) (1)
- Reported Nov 08, 2020 07:30 by Bill Shelmerdine
- Hatfield Lake, Deschutes, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.198554&<ll...>,-121.198554
- Comments: "Roosting on rock island on second pond. Large and white with
black primaries and secondaries and large yellow bill and yellow legs.
Pretty obvious I.D."

American White Pelican (Pelecanus erythrorhynchos) (14) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 10:50 by Audrey Addison
- Raven's Nest, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.750003&<ll...>,-122.750003
- Comments: "Yard bird! Unmistakable. Will add photos."

Great Egret (Ardea alba) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 12:03 by Joan Suther
- (43.1305,-118.8651) BUSSE DAM Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Harney,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.865076&<ll...>,-118.865076
- Comments: "Large white egret with black legs and feet, in flight from the
edge of the Blitzen R canal about 1.5 mi N of Diamond Lane on Center patrol
Road. Late migrant, as still water starts to freeze with 2 degree
temperatures tonight this guy better head south and leave his great blue
heron friends behind. Part of raptor count route from Rockford Lane to
Diamond Lane on CPR"

Great Egret (Ardea alba) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 12:03 by Rick Vetter
- (43.1305,-118.8651) BUSSE DAM Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Harney,
Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.865076&<ll...>,-118.865076
- Comments: "Large white egret with black legs and feet, in flight from the
edge of the Blitzen R canal about 1.5 mi N of Diamond Lane on Center patrol
Road. Late migrant, as still water starts to freeze with 2 degree
temperatures tonight this guy better head south and leave his great blue
heron friends behind. Part of raptor count route from Rockford Lane to
Diamond Lane on CPR"

Great Egret (Ardea alba) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 12:45 by Joan Suther
- Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Diamond US-OR 43.04500, -118.83949,
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.83949&<ll...>,-118.83949
- Comments: "Large white egret. All white body, black feet and legs. In
flight leaving Diamond marsh ( 4 GBHE still on ice, but some open water
also ) heading NW. I suspect the same bird we saw 40 min ago 2.5 miles to
the NE (as the crow flys) on Blitzen R next to CPR. But, I can not prove
it. Most small bodies of open water frozen today in the morning and it is
going to get much colder, 2 F degrees tonight."

Great Egret (Ardea alba) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 12:45 by Rick Vetter
- Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, Diamond US-OR 43.04500, -118.83949,
Harney, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.83949&<ll...>,-118.83949
- Comments: "Large white egret. All white body, black feet and legs. In
flight leaving Diamond marsh ( 4 GBHE still on ice, but some open water
also ) heading NW. I suspect the same bird we saw 40 min ago 2.5 miles to
the NE (as the crow flys) on Blitzen R next to CPR. But, I can not prove
it. Most small bodies of open water frozen today in the morning and it is
going to get much colder, 2 F degrees tonight."

Osprey (haliaetus) (Pandion haliaetus haliaetus) (2)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 15:30 by Robin Wachs
- South Front Street, Gardiner, Oregon (my home), Douglas, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.1099364&<ll...>,-124.1099364
- Comments: "Two birds flew right over my head with one calling as I was
walking my dog in my neighborhood. Unmistakable pointed wings, entire
silhoutte, calls, markings with white head and longish tail. The two birds
apparently by flight pattern left a tree just behind me and began to fly
straight to the Umpqua River, one block from my house. The two birds were
flying very close to together and their was a noticable size difference in
the birds."

Northern Goshawk (Accipiter gentilis) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 09:37 by Susan Kirkbride
- Henry Hagg Lake Park (Scoggins Valley Park), Washington, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.2135582&<ll...>,-123.2135582
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "A heavy raptor. Black eyestripe with white supercilium.
Photos. Seen soaring over Scoggin’s Creek."

Red-shouldered Hawk (Buteo lineatus) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 10:32 by Richard Hayes
- Highway 206 outside Wasco, Sherman, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-120.6268017&<ll...>,-120.6268017
- Comments: "Picture"

Red-tailed Hawk (Harlan's) (Buteo jamaicensis harlani) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 13:05 by Anonymous User
- Sauvie Island--Rentenaar Rd., Columbia, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.776551&<ll...>,-122.776551
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Pics. Kettling w/ 3 other RTHAs. Bird appeared very dark from
underneath and pictures (esp. #4) appear to show barring on the primaries.
Underside of tail also appears to be light gray and banded ending in a
wide, dark terminal band. Upperparts are a blend of dark brown and black,
and appeared somewhat two-toned which seems to pass muster for plumage
according to Clark and Wheeler."

Ferruginous Hawk (Buteo regalis) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 15:12 by Shawneen Finnegan
- Potter Rd., Linn, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.164514&<ll...>,-123.164514
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Surprised to see TWO at the same time. The original a was in
the same place on Potter but Dave spotted a second immature to the south.
Digiscoped the second paler one. We drove south on Potter whee it turns
into Beef Creek Rd. Have added a screen shot that shows where both birds
were seen. 1st at north point and second at southern point."

Ferruginous Hawk (Buteo regalis) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 15:12 by David Irons
- Potter Rd., Linn, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.164514&<ll...>,-123.164514
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "Surprised to see TWO at the same time. The original a was in
the same place on Potter but Dave spotted a second immature to the south.
Digiscoped the second paler one."

Ferruginous Hawk (Buteo regalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 14:17 by Forest Tomlinson
- SW Airport Ave., Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3123064&<ll...>,-123.3123064
- Comments: "Continuing bird"

Ferruginous Hawk (Buteo regalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 14:17 by John Sullivan
- SW Airport Ave., Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.3123064&<ll...>,-123.3123064
- Comments: "Continuing bird"

Steller's Jay (Coastal) (Cyanocitta stelleri [stelleri Group]) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 14:29 by Sean Cozart
- West Grande Street, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-117.8712058&<ll...>,-117.8712058
- Comments: "Photos. First one in my yard this winter."

Clark's Nutcracker (Nucifraga columbiana) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 11:55 by Janet Kelly
- Bull Gap Sno-Park_W Spur Rd, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.6971347&<ll...>,-122.6971347
- Comments: "Heard the distinctive Nutcracker “caw” calls uphill from the
road...previously reported in this area by Frank Lospalluto"

American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 12:29 by Hilary Turner
- Klamath Marsh NWR--Headquarters, Klamath, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.5807045&<ll...>,-121.5807045
- Media: 4 Photos
- Comments: "Unexpected. Flew into feeders with group of EUST.
Substantially smaller than CORA, especially the bill. Structurally much
different than CORA as well. Got pix. Didn’t get good looks at the tail in
flight."

House Wren (Troglodytes aedon) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 12:21 by Marissa Gibson
- 1120 S Street, Springfield, Oregon, US (44.065, -123.01), Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.0096321&<ll...>,-123.0096321
- Comments: "No white supercilium. Too large/long tail to be a pacific
wren. Calls most similar to northern house wren. Seen foraging in garage
siding"

Western Bluebird (Sialia mexicana) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 14:37 by Jimi Soupir
- Davis Creek Park, Grant, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.9642991&<ll...>,-118.9642991
- Comments: "Rather small and stocky, with bright blue wings and tail and
rufous breast. Surprised"

Evening Grosbeak (type 1) (Coccothraustes vespertinus (type 1)) (60)
CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 11:21 by Russ Namitz
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Comments: "Typical Type 1s. Recording later"

Red Crossbill (Ponderosa Pine or type 2) (Loxia curvirostra (type 2)) (5)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 12:11 by Caleb Centanni
- Polk—Ellendale Rd (44.9226,-123.3695) moist deciduous gulch along
Rickreall Creek (435 ft.), Polk, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.369511&<ll...>,-123.369511
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "ho : Caleb recorded 12:25p; Douglas-fir cone crop 4, dominant
Recording poor, appreciate reviewer input on whether identifiable.
Definitely Type 2 in field, but will change to general if recording doesn't
work."

Red Crossbill (Western Hemlock or type 3) (Loxia curvirostra (type 3)) (5)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 11:18 by Caleb Centanni
- Polk—Oakdale Rd (44.91244, -123.35672) finches in rich Douglas fir cone
crop, sparrows in garden beds, Polk, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.356715&<ll...>,-123.356715
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "Caleb made recording. — Note: Douglas-fir dominant, cone crop
5; cultivated spruces cone crop 2, cultivated pines cone crop 2"

Red Crossbill (Ponderosa Pine or type 2) (Loxia curvirostra (type 2)) (10)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 11:18 by Caleb Centanni
- Polk—Oakdale Rd (44.91244, -123.35672) finches in rich Douglas fir cone
crop, sparrows in garden beds, Polk, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.356715&<ll...>,-123.356715
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "Caleb made recording. — Note: Douglas-fir dominant, cone crop
5; cultivated spruces cone crop 2, cultivated pines cone crop 2"

Red Crossbill (Douglas-fir or type 4) (Loxia curvirostra (type 4)) (25)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 13:25 by Rachael Friese
- Private Residence, Fox Hollow, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.131157&<ll...>,-123.131157
- Media: 1 Audio
- Comments: "There has been one or more flock(s) flying over for the last
2-3 weeks that I am aware of. Today part of this flock stopped in a nearby
fir and I was able to record them and had them ID'd by Caleb Centanni as
type 4."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 19:10 by Alex Foote
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Comments: "Seen at very top of peak foraging in patches of dirt not
covered by snow. Will attach photos"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 16:27 by Jacob Mathison
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Comments: "At the summit seeming to ignore the 40mph winds. Have photos."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 15:52 by Joy Jensen
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Feeding near summit in impossible winds. So foggy I nearly
stepped right on em, but they appeared wholly unconcerned. Photo."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 11:21 by Russ Namitz
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Comments: "Continuing. Photo"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 10:33 by John Sullivan
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 7 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing on road at the top. Photos."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 10:33 by Forest Tomlinson
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 7 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing on road at the top. Photos."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 09:27 by Pam Otley
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 3 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing. Seen west side of summit, in road and on the
grassy bank above the road."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (2)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 08:48 by Annika Andersson
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing. Possibly 3. Photos."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 07:56 by David Irons
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Extremely cooperative. Will add photos and video. Up towards
the top."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 07:56 by Shawneen Finnegan
- Marys Peak, Benton, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.5505647&<ll...>,-123.5505647
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Extremely cooperative. Will add photos and video. Up towards
the top."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 14:12 by Janet Kelly
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.7057806&<ll...>,-122.7057806
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Continuing... foraging behind the blue building."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 11:33 by Tanner Martin
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.7057806&<ll...>,-122.7057806
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Met up with Frank who had just seen the SNBU, and helped us
get eyes in it. Found on north side of the blue-roofed building where the
restrooms are located. Beautiful bird, good views, and took a bunch of
photos."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 11:33 by Stephanie Martin
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.7057806&<ll...>,-122.7057806
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Met up with Frank who had just seen the SNBU, and helped us
get eyes in it. Found on north side of the blue-roofed building where the
restrooms are located. Beautiful bird, good views, and took a bunch of
photos."

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 09:25 by Frank Lospalluto
- Mt. Ashland Ski Area, Jackson, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.7057806&<ll...>,-122.7057806
- Media: 2 Photos
- Comments: "continuing bird, not in the parking lot but behind the
maintenance buildings. close to the modular building on the backside. photo"

Snow Bunting (Plectrophenax nivalis) (4) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 16:06 by Russ Namitz
- Yaquina River--North Shore, Lincoln, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-124.0640116&<ll...>,-124.0640116
- Comments: "Only saw 4. More reported today. Continuing
rarity....largely white and black with rusty smudges to plumage."

Fox Sparrow (Slate-colored) (Passerella iliaca [schistacea Group]) (1)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 10:30 by Michael Daugherty
- MDaugherty Homestead, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.1031037&<ll...>,-118.1031037
- Comments: "recurring bird"

Dark-eyed Junco (cismontanus) (Junco hyemalis cismontanus) (2)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 09:19 by Rachael Friese
- Private Residence, Fox Hollow, Lane, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-123.131157&<ll...>,-123.131157
- Comments: "Both had dark gray flanks, chestnut colored mantle. One had a
convex bib, the other concave."

Golden-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia atricapilla) (1)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 10:30 by Michael Daugherty
- MDaugherty Homestead, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.1031037&<ll...>,-118.1031037
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "Seen feeding with several White-crowned sparrows and Juncos.
Photo by Susan Daugherty"

White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis) (1)
- Reported Nov 11, 2020 10:30 by Michael Daugherty
- MDaugherty Homestead, Union, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-118.1031037&<ll...>,-118.1031037
- Comments: "recurring bird"

Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas) (1)
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 12:15 by Jay Withgott
- Cascade Locks (Oregon side), Hood River, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-121.8914008&<ll...>,-121.8914008
- Comments: "Calling its little buzzy chip from the little pond across the
RR tracks. Could not pish it out for a view."

Common Yellowthroat (Geothlypis trichas) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Nov 12, 2020 14:30 by Ezra Cohen
- Oaks Bottom Wildlife Refuge, Multnomah, Oregon
- Map:
http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-122.6553154&<ll...>,-122.6553154
- Comments: "Heard only in the culvert area. Distinctive rattly dry chip
note. First began calling as I was pishing. Continued calling for around 10
minutes as I continually pished hoping for a view. However, despite my lack
of views, I got lots of time to run through similar calls in my head and I
feel conclusively that this was a COYE. No "timp" sounds like PAWR, not
chip-like or as sweet as BLPH or SWSP. Interestingly, Adrian Hinkle and Em
Scattaregia had one in December of last year under very similar
circumstances also in the culvert area."

Join us on Facebook!