Date: 11/12/20 9:23 pm
From: Paul Sullivan <paultsullivan...>
Subject: [obol] Re: An interesting Empid at Hatfield Lake on November 10
I'm surprised at the ID's others have offered. I see this bird as a
slam-dunk Pacific-slope Flycatcher. Look at the almond-shaped eyering, the
orangish lower mandible, and the short primary extension.

Second point. I'm notorious when it comes to birding-by-photo.

Paul Sullivan

-----------------------
Date: Thu Nov 12 2020 18:53 pm
From: georn1 AT hotmail.com

All,

While birding Hatfield Lake a couple of days ago I encountered an
interesting empid.  I have been on the road, just returned home today and
downloaded some digi-scoped photos

of the bird and entered the trip list into ebird.  I have yet to work out
the I.D. and would welcome any comments or suggestions.  Could lead to some
interesting discussion and a chance to learn.  Photos and notes can be found
here:  https://ebird.org/checklist/S7...

Bill Shelmerdine
Olympia WA

*******