Date: 11/12/20 8:21 pm
From: Bob <rflores_2...>
Subject: [obol] Re: An interesting Empid at Hatfield Lake on November 10
Bill,
Indeed an interesting empid. I see a few call it a Hammonds or dusky. What I see from the angles presented in the photos is a bill that seems flat. That would take me to a Western type but you say the bill was narrow and from that dusky would be a good fit.

Bob Flores
Ridgefield, WA

On Nov 12, 2020, at 16:54, bill shelmerdine <georn1...> wrote:

All,
While birding Hatfield Lake a couple of days ago I encountered an interesting empid. I have been on the road, just returned home today and downloaded some digi-scoped photos of the bird and entered the trip list into ebird. I have yet to work out the I.D. and would welcome any comments or suggestions. Could lead to some interesting discussion and a chance to learn. Photos and notes can be found here: https://ebird.org/checklist/S76175560
Bill Shelmerdine
Olympia WA

Join us on Facebook!