Date: 11/12/20 1:39 pm
From: Rick & Marianne Atkinson <marianne5...>
Subject: Evening Grosbeaks! - Clearfield County
I was lucky to happen to look out my sliding glass doors this morning to see
4 Evening Grosbeaks! My mouth dropped open! So many people have been
reporting them in PA that I was wondering if I would ever get any! There was
1 male with his harem of 3 females. I did not notice any bands. They were
only here from 9:00 to 9:05 and had a sunflower chip snack before moving on.

This is a new yard bird for this location. I have lived here in the
"country" for almost 27 years. I had tons of Evening Grosbeaks in the 80s
when I lived in the town of DuBois.

One year there was a big flock of them in DuBois in the 80s that stayed at
my house into May. They ate so many sunflower seeds that I was kind of
anxious for them to leave. Little did I know that it would sadly be decades
until I would see them again! :-(

Marianne Atkinson
Clearfield County near DuBois