Date: 11/12/20 10:37 am
From: 'The \Nunn Guy\' via Colorado Birds <cobirds...>
Subject: [cobirds] Christmas Bird Counts
Hi all

How many Colorado CBC circles to date are actually going to have a
Christmas Bird Count this year? Given the staggering rise of COVID
positives how much participation is available? Audubon offers two options:

- Option 1: Run a COVID-19 safe and socially distanced CBC, if local
rules allow. [Must wait until November 15 at the earliest to choose this
option in order to better understand status of COVID outbreak in your
region during the CBC.]
- Option 2: If option 1 is not possible, cancel this season’s CBC for
your location. [Can choose this option now if you wish.]

If you choose option 1, below are the guidelines that we urge you to
follow:

- Wait until November 15 at the earliest to confirm CBC will take place,
if local regulations allow.
- Cancel all in-person compilation gatherings.
- Social distancing and/or masking are required at all times in the
field.
- Carpooling may only occur within existing familiar or social “pod”
groups.
- Activities must comply with all current state and municipal COVID-19
guidelines.

The Friends of the Pawnee National Grassland now has four CBCs (two new
(requested last January) approved just today!) it hosts:

- Nunn
- Stoneham
- Crow Valley (New)
- Pawnee Buttes (New)

I am waffling back and forth on whether to hold them this year or not.
Thoughts?

Thanks, Gary Lefko, Nunn
http://www.friendsofthepawneegrassland.org
https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/birds-and-more-of-the-pawnee-national-grassland