Date: 11/12/20 3:59 am
From: Sandy Turner <tmsprgrn...>
Subject: Re: [VTBIRD] Snowy Owls and Snow Geese
I remember when we worked at Bosque del Apache NWR we'd go outside and
watch and listen to the morning takeoff of the "white" geese against the
almost
always gorgeous sunrise. There were 30,000 of them, estimated by the
biologist. Eventually, someone (higher-up) questioned his estimate. A
plane went up
and photographed them on the ground and volunteers counted them (with a
hand counter and crossing each one off). And guess what - 30,000 was close.
What is your estimate of how many you had in that video. Sadly, the video
hiccuped, but we persevered and got "that" sound again, along with
wonderful memories.

Sandy and Mark Turner
Lyman, NH

On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 6:45 PM Tom Berriman <blackpoll...> wrote:

> I was at a Who concert once or twice and a Daltrey scream was pretty close
> to the Snow Goose launch I stumbled upon one November morning..but we don't
> get fooled again!!
>
> Here's a minute or so of video I captured:
>

> https://www.flickr.com/photos/blackpoll1/50591990532/in/dateposted-public/
>

> Tom Berriman

Join us on Facebook!