Date: 11/10/20 5:07 pm
From: Gary Becker <000000bf40337392-dmarc-request...>
Subject: Re: binocular repair
Just wanted to relay my experience with Zeiss this past spring. Had a problem with the central focus wheel so I shipped them off to their Kentucky location in April. Within a week they emailed me to say they were forwarding them off to the Main factory in Germany as the repair was beyond their capabilities here in the states. Unfortunately Germany was in shutdown because of the Covid pandemic which delayed the repair. 3 months later I received the repaired binoculars with a new case and straps. There was no charge and the repair was successful. They did offer to send me replacement bins but I had a pair of Swaroskis so I declined. Seems maybe they got wind of the negative experiences and are trying to make amends.  Gary Becker, Newtown Square
On Tuesday, November 10, 2020 Nancy Cladel <ncladel...> wrote:
I had a negative experience with Zeiss.  It took almost six months for the
repair to the strap holders, which both broke, and I was charged more than
$200.00 .  Zeiss considered the problem  normal wear and tear.  To me it
was  due to the use of inferior materials.  I was offered no loaner and
spent part of spring migration and the entire summer using a less than
optimal pair.  If I ever have cause to purchase another pair of binocs, it
will not be a Zeiss.

Nancy Cladel

Join us on Facebook!