Date: 11/10/20 1:50 pm
From: Jerry Davis <jwdavis...>
Subject: Re: bird feed
The experience I have had with wheat as bird feed was when Tractor Supply
Classic Mix Suppliers started adding it as filler. All other seeds would
be eaten and the wheat would germinate in the yard and in the tray feeders
not eaten. The wheat that remained in the log feeders was eaten by deer.
My Opinion is that it may be good in the Dakotas where Pheasants feed but
I do not consider it worth the space in the bag. I wrote Tractor supply
about this but they have refused to change the mix and put more of the
worthwhile seeds in the mix. Others may have a better experience with
wheat but my birds will not eat it.

Jerry Wayne Davis
Hot Springs

I went to the local farm supply store to pick up a big bag of black oil
> sunflower seeds and they also had bags of winter wheat. I’ve never seen
> big bags of wheat offered for bird food prior to this.
>
> Has anyone used this for bird seed? They said squirrels would like it,
> which I try to discourage from my yard. But my dog Oz is good at keeping
> squirrels from the feeders.
>
> It was a bit more expensive than the sunflower seed but if it is a
> different food source than I thought it may be worth it to diversify. I
> try to stay away from generic bird food as it tends to be ignored and
> scattered.
>
> Jacque Brown, Centerton

> write to: mailto:<ARBIRD-L-SIGNOFF-REQUEST...>
> or click the following link:
> https://nam11.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Flistserv.uark.edu%2Fscripts%2Fwa-UARKEDU.exe%3FSUBED1%3DARBIRD-L%26A%3D1&amp;data=04%7C01%<7Carbird-l...>%7C3336fcc83a204248cef108d885c2a19c%7C79c742c4e61c4fa5be89a3cb566a80d1%7C0%7C0%7C637406418275304263%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C1000&amp;sdata=BGgOf%2BA1oEYP9Ox3CEB42ukZMk1cxQzMscsyLLYc5MY%3D&amp;reserved=0

or click the following link: