Date: 11/9/20 4:51 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: Allegheny Front (09 Nov 2020) 54 Raptors

UF 0 0 2
UE 0 1 1
UR 0 4 48

Total: 54 381 11854

Observation start time: 09:00:00
Observation end time: 17:00:00
Total observation time: 8 hours

Official Counter: Deb Bodenschatz

Observers: Dave Poder, Dick Akers, Jim Rocco, Tom & Janet Kuehl

Visitors:
Hawkwatch closed to visitors, including walk-ins.

Weather:
Warm with sunny skies. Winds began very light out of the WNW, but shifted
to SE after a couple of hours and increased in intensity to 8-16 mph. The
temperature reached 19 C for a short time.

Raptor Observations:
There were 2 Bald Eagles, a Juvenile at 11:52, and an adult at 3:46. They
were both very low(slightly above eye level) just East of the ridge.
We also had 16 Golden Eagles, 14 of which were also very low and excellent
looks. Adults; 11:58,:11:13, 12:12, 12:13, 1:43, 2:05, 2:20, 2:21, 2:24,
2:25, 3:02, 4:09, 4:28, and 4:29. Sub-adult; 12:48 and 2:16. Most of them
were just to the East of ridge but a few were directly overhead. The very
low adult Golden at 2:24 had white tags on both wings near the shoulder.
We also had 14 Red-tails, a couple Northern Harriers, a Kestrel and 4
TUrkey Vultures. Non-migrating we had 3 Red-tails and 7 Turkey Vultues.
Almost all of the birds were very good looks.

Non-raptor Observations:
Chickadees- at least 25, Juncos 17, Bluebirds 11, Red-breasted Nuthatch 1,
White-breasted Nuthatches 3, Tufted Titmouse 2, Crows 7, Ravens 4, Carolina
Wren 1, Pileated Woodpecker 1, Downy Woodpecker 1, Cardinal 2, Mourning
Dove 1, Blue Jays 5.

Predictions:
Sunny with S wind at about 13 kmh. A high temperature of 22 C predicted.
Report submitted by Deb Bodenschatz (<debbiebodenschatz...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: https://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=111

Join us on Facebook!