Date: 11/9/20 12:43 pm
From: <hiker......> <hikerhodges...>
Subject: [cobirds] Chico Basin Ranch - Comments due tomorrow!
All,

The State Land Board just notified me that, since Weds is a holiday - *comments
are due by tomorrow, Nov 10th at 12 noon.*

In addition, they've stated that they'd be willing to negotiate a layered
lease price with us (typically ~$5000 for 3-4 days/year), so we may be able
to work with them, but it's hard to say.

The main point to make is that birding, bird-banding, and, if you like,
K-12 education, be allowed to continue on the ranch. Since Chico has the
largest number of recorded birds of any other location in the state, it's
important that avian data be taken during migration months in future years.
Some of our expert birders who visit the ranch regularly are also
biologists, who are able to note what's occurring outside the banding
station with vegetation as well as species such as Mountain Plovers,
Burrowing Owls, Swift Foxes, etc.

Again, please comment by noon on Tues Nov 10th:
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdHLoANsTkJyomSRsPJm5aNH5EA-2sA8h7RlM8Df_ESURzjSQ/viewform

Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions you might have.

*Linda Hodges*
*Conservation Chair*
*Aiken Audubon *