Date: 11/9/20 9:54 am
From: Aidan Kiley via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Recent Evening Grosbeaks
Evening Grosbeaks continue to be on the move. Saturday morning I had a
single female fly over my yard, 4 going over Lake Mohegan in Fairfield
yesterday, 4 (2m, 2f) going over my yard this morning, and a single bird
calling over a private area in Monroe.

It is my hope that as the weather gets colder flocks will settle, rather
than fly over or visit feeders for a couple of minutes. It has been a fun
fall!

Redpolls and crossbills are beginning to show up in numbers, and areas N
have Bohemian Waxwing, Gray Jay, Boreal Chickadee, and Pine Grosbeak.

Female Eurasian Wigeon is still present at Oak Lawn Cemetery in Fairfield,
which has become a notable waterfowl spot in the past few winters.

Aidan Kiley
Fairfield