Date: 11/9/20 6:23 am
From: Bob Ringler <ringler.bob...>
Subject: [MDBirding] Snowy Owl - Kent Co.
After an unsuccessful attempt to see the Snowy Owl in Kent County
yesterday afternoon I returned at dusk hoping it would appear then. When I
arrived other birders pointed it out to me in a field where it was perched
on the ground. After watching it for several minutes two harriers arrived
on the scene and began loudly diving on it. The owl would duck or fly a
short distance to avoid each attack. The harriers left after sunset with
the owl remaining perched on the ground. This Snowy Owl is one of the most
heavily marked that I have ever seen.

--
Bob Ringler
Symphony Village