Date: 11/8/20 10:46 pm
From: Cliff Cordy <cliff.cordy...>
Subject: [obol] Tillamook Tropical Kingbird, possible Swainson's Hawk
Just after sunset today a Tropical Kingbird was near the Bay City sewage
ponds.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S76029316

Earlier in the day I got some photos of a hawk that seemed unusual on
Fairview Road. The underwing pattern seems to fit Swainson's, but I didn't
recognize that until I got home and looked at the photo of it taking off.
The tail appears reddish in the photo, so I initially thought it was a
red-tailed. I'd like to find out what others think about this one.
https://ebird.org/checklist/S76029885

On Blum Lane, where a Franklin's Gull was reported yesterday, there wasn't
a single gull this morning. In general, there weren't many gulls out in the
pastures today. However, there was a good variety at the FedEx parking lot
on Long Prairie Road.

Cliff Cordy
Garibaldi

Join us on Facebook!