Date: 11/8/20 7:08 pm
From: Alan Contreras <acontrer56...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Mid-Valley raptor surge continues including Benton Co FEHA
Vjera Thompson and I made a brief foray into the Lane Co raptor zone west of Junction City this afternoon and found unusually low numbers for November, so they must all be chowing down in Linn.

We saw maybe three red-tails, a few kestrels and a distant eagle. I think there was one harrier. Highlight up there was a Red-shoulder on Washburn lane.

We also birded Kirk Park at Fern Ridge dam. Highlight was a screech-owl responding to my pygmy imitation at 2:30 pm.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com

> On Nov 8, 2020, at 6:57 PM, Nancy Stotz <nstotznew...> wrote:
>

> On my way to Eugene this morning I got nice views of the Ferruginous Hawk (first reported by Pam Otley) along Potter Drive in Linn County. Lots of Red-tails, harriers, and good numbers Rough-legs still in that field too. Along Creek Bend drive south of Potter Road, there was a Prairie Falcon. Harriers, Red-tails, and Rough-legs were all over the field north of the west end of American Drive, and there were also 5 swans out in their normal spot on the south side of the road.
>
> This afternoon I returned to Corvallis via 99W so I could quickly cruise Llewellyn and Airport Roads on my way home. From the 90 degree corner west of the airport, I had a very distant bird that seemed like it could be a Ferrug to me, and shot lots of photos. I've had a couple folks concur with my tentative FEHA call based on blurry photos, so I'll share them more widely here:
> https://ebird.org/checklist/S76023586
>
> Nancy Stotz
> Corvallis

Join us on Facebook!