Date: 11/8/20 3:56 pm
From: Joey Kellner <vireo1...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Magnificent Frigatebird in Arapahoe County
In comparing photos from the John Martin Reservoir (JMR) female Magnificent
Frigatebird and the female today at Cherry Creek Reservoir (CCR) I believe
the these are TWO DIFFERENT birds. Below are the checklists from JMR and
CCR. Note the length of the left and right outer tail feathers on the JMR
bird (different lengths...I seriously doubt the shorter feather grew THAT
much in three days). Also note the patterning of the center of the dark
bib as it extends down into the white of the upper breast (JMR bird has a
large "blob" extending down, the CCR bird does not). The JMR bird also has
some black feathering inside the white (on the sides of the chest). Just
some interesting differences.

Sami Colvin's checklist from John Martin on November 5th:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S76014403
Joey Kellner's checklist from Cherry Creek today:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S76014403

Wow! Hurricanes did not seem THAT strong (and close to the western part of
the Gulf of Mexico).

Joey Kellner
Littleton, Colorado